The proof copy turned up yesterday, a day earlier than scheduled. I’m beginning to feel like a real author now I’ve got something physical in my hands. I think I chose the right size for it (5x8inches). And I think going for cream coloured paper was also the right decision. It somehow looks more professional.
As I have already identified a number of changes that are necessary while reading through the Kindle version, and having applied the updates to the CreateSpace source file, I have started marking the changes in the paperback. When I complete that I will sit down and read the paperback version carefully to see if I can find any more changes that are needed, and to check the formatting.